The ALEX System provides shipboard management of expendable decoy cartridges via a computer- controlled countermeasure system used with deck-mounted SRBOC/RBOC launchers. ALEX is a highly effective tool for managing anti-ship decoy tactics. Highly modular, it can easily be adapted to the individual needs of a ship. ALEX offers the following features:
- Fully integrated with ships ESM and wind and navigation sensors
- Provides and implements optimum tactics for every scenario
- Handles multiple threat scenarios
- Automatic misfire detection/correction
- Automatic decoy cartridge reseed/redeployment
In the future ALEX will be the basis for integration of all off-board and onboard EW countermeasures. This will avoid interference between existing active and passive soft and hard kill systems, as well as new countermeasure systems that are being developed. ALEX provides shipboard management of the complete family of expendable decoy cartridges via a computer controlled countermeasure system used with deck mounted launchers.